Thursday, December 15, 2011

a vintage buffet

A few months back, well way back, a dear friend gave me a buffet and dining table that she was getting rid of. It was in pretty bad shape but I love these old vintage pieces! At the time, I had only known I was pregnant for a few weeks and was thinking about keeping the buffet for a nursery. So once the first trimester was over and I was up for a little painting I began thinking about how I wanted to paint it. When we found out we were expecting a boy I knew I had to do something a little different. My standard white just wasn't going to cut it. I looked through the Benjamin Moore fan deck until I found the perfect shade of gray. It's called gray. Seriously. It's the perfect dark gray for a little boys room!

Here she is freshly delivered in my garage....


I used some gray primer on this one since I was using a darker paint. I also decided I would reuse the brass hardware so I primed them and then painted them with a flat black spray paint. Two coats of paint and some poly later here it is up in the baby's little nursery...


I love that it has so much storage with both drawers and cabinets! And because it's so long it will be perfect for a changing area too! Now I just need to get around to ordering that crib...


No comments:

Post a Comment