Here is the master bath now... I spray painted the light fixtures bronze and replaced the cabinet knobs. But it's still very standard builder looking.
I was recently watching Design Inc on FLN and saw the creation of this bathroom and knew it was exactly what I wanted to do.
While my bathroom is not nearly as spacious as this one I am going to use the same theme and go for a more sophisticated look. Here is the plan:
- Remove builders mirror and replace with two separate mirrors. (This could be harder than originally planned since I've realized that the mirror is glued to the wall. Hopefully this does not include replacing any drywall that comes down with it.
- Replace knobs, light fixtures and all other bath hardware with brushed satin nickel ones.
- Remove brass shower doors. Rather than replacing them I'm going to use a shower curtain instead. To make the room look even more luxurious I'm going to add an additional curtain at the top of the shower to make it look taller.
- Repaint the walls with "Light Silver Sage" from Restoration Hardware. I knew I wanted a similar color to this and happened to snag a gallon of it at the Restoration Outlet this past weekend for only $17!!
- Replace brass faucets and shower hardware with Brushed Nickel ones.
Below is my inspiration board of all the details I'll be adding.