Friday, April 1, 2011

candle project

A few weeks back I found these adorable vintage tea cups at Goodwill. I picked them up with no idea what to do with them but I just had to have them. After staring at them for a couple of weeks I thought they would make great candles!


So, I headed to the craft store to pick up some supplies. I decided on soy wax because I usually buy soy candles. You'll also need wicks, a scent (if you'd like), a candy or candle thermometer and a pouring pot.

Melt the wax in the pouring pot by setting it in simmering water like a double boiler.


While it's melting you'll need to secure the wicks to the containers. I used a dab of hot glue.



Once it gets to the temperature recommended on the wax you let it cool a bit, and add the fragrance. Then just pour it into your containers (or teacups!)

You'll need to make sure wicks are straight.. I found that chopsticks are perfect for this!


Then let them cool and you have a great candle! I love this as a gift! I actually keep one of the empty cups on my bathroom sink to put rings and other jewelry in so they don't get lost!


1 comment: