Monday, April 4, 2011

spring bling

I wanted to do a little Easter decor for my house. I'm not big on all the bunnies and eggs but thought my home needed a little something. So I found this egg wreath in the dollar section at Target and knew it was exactly what I needed.


I decided to remove all the eggs and cover them in glitter! I used a toothpick to hold the eggs while I used a brush to cover them in Tacky Glue. Then I covered them in some gorgeous Martha Stewart glitter. I picked white gold for this project because it has more of the vintage feel I was looking for.


I let them dry overnight to secure all the glitter. Then I used a little hot glue to attach them to this little nest I found at Michaels. I thought it would look adorable under a glass cloche on top of the trunk in my entry.



I loved the look so much that I ended up covering all the eggs and putting the extras in a pedestal bowl on my dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment