Tuesday, December 22, 2009

easy burlap stockings

So I might have a slight obsession with burlap. I have been trying to use it for lots of projects recently and this is one of my faves. I knew I wanted to do something a little different for our stockings this year and when I saw this post from Susie Harris I knew exactly what to do... make them from burlap!

After reading Susie's post I took her advice and traced my old stockings onto wrapping paper adding a few inches at the top so I make a cuff. Then I simply cut out the burlap and sewed them together like a pillow.



It took less than an hour to make four stockings and they look terrific. I've gotten so many compliments on them already! And the best part... the price! Burlap was less than $3 a yard. For a final touch I added a sparkly snow flake ornament to each.


No comments:

Post a Comment