Friday, December 25, 2009

a tale of two tables

I have been dying to share these two beauties with you. I purchased them a few months back at a local furniture sale. I was searching for a French Provincial type nightstand to refinish for my younger sister for Christmas! So I had to wait until after I gave it to her to share.. finally the big reveal!



For my sister's I wanted to go for a vintage/Hollywood Glam type look. So I painted the table a matte black and replaced the hardware with two glass knobs.




I just love the little details this piece has!




For the second one I thought it would be perfect in my guest room, which is a little more subdued. I went with my go-to Heirloom White paint and replaced the hardware with the same glass knobs.



I really don't know which I like best! Both are very unique and gorgeous in their own ways.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, good work...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is tough as they both look great! I always am torn, paint it white or paint it black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful! What an improvement. I pass up these night stands at the thrift stores all the time - next time i might just do a double take. Beautiful redo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece! Looks good black or white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look great! I think I'm partial to the white with glass knobs, but you can't go wrong with black, either. I really want a pair of side tables like this and have been combing Craig's list and haunting some thrifts trying to find some. Thanks for showing them off at FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white! I actually have one of these exact nightstands. A neighbor of mine put it on the curb right after we'd moved in. Our bed, which was my last purchase before leaving Pier 1 Imports as a Manager, was a creamy off white and so I painted this nightstand to match. I think its going to have to be re-painted again and I'll put on the glass knobs. LOVE this! Thanks for the inspiration:)
    Sarah
    P.S. Just found your blog today.Looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete