Friday, May 28, 2010

friday finds: Wilmington, NC

For this week's Friday finds we're heading to the coast of North Carolina to Wilmington... an adorable coastal town whose beaches will be filled with sunbathers this holiday weekend.  

First up is this vintage rocker. Perfect for an extra bedroom or nursery. I painted one of my own last year and it gave it a whole new life. A great deal for only $30!



This cabinet needs some work. But what do I find that doesn't? The first thing I'd do is paint over that bright blue color. Something more muted would work wonders. Maybe a beachy blue green? You could really spruce it up by adding a wooden applique on the front and changing out the handle. It could be your next project for only $50!



I absolutely love this adorable kids table and chairs. I've been looking for one of these myself! I would love to paint the top of the table with chalkboard paint. Seriously a great deal at $50 for the set.



This coffee table has some serious potential. I love the Queen Anne legs and the curved details. I would not be able to pass it up for only $15.


This bookshelf would be a super easy project with dramatic results. It would be perfect as a vintage inspired bar or even just extra storage. A little paint would go a long way and give this piece some serious style. And at only $35 who could pass it up?



I just adore this old  corner cabinet. It's the priciest item this week at $150 but it is an amazing find. With a little paint this will look like a built in cabinet in any room of your house. I just love them in a dining room. It can add some old school character to any home.


Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That coffee table is awesome! It would be perfect for me. I finally found my wing back I've been looking for. I can't wait to share it this week, it was the deal of the century!

    ReplyDelete