Monday, November 7, 2011

22 weeks

Finally over the half way mark! We're narrowing down names for the little guy and I'm getting ideas together for the nursery. Things are moving along! I thought I'd share the inspiration board I made for the nursery in our current house. I wasn't sure if I would want to get a crib before we moved but think I'd prefer to have the option of putting him in his own room. Who knows if he'll ever actually sleep in it in this house but he'll at least have his own space for all his stuff!


As for the details...

DIY bird mobile - Instructions from Spool. Seriously so cute. I love the idea of using various fun fabrics.

Black Jenny Lind Crib - Such a classic. Can be found everywhere these days. Here's one from Babies R Us.

Bedding - My mom has been making quilts for a year or two now and I picked this fabric from Annette Tatum for the quilt she is making for the baby. Then she offered to make a matching bed skirt to go with it! I found the fabric on fabric.com but you can also purchase the bedding directly from Annette here.

Chevron Basket - Probably the first item I purchased for the baby when I found out I was pregnant. I spotted it on pinterest and bought it off of etsy! I love it! From Treasured Totes.

Wall Color - Silver Drop by Behr. I actually painted the room over a year ago in this color. It's one of my favorite neutral grays. My living room is the same color actually.

Dresser Color - A few months ago one of my best friends gave me a dining set that she was getting rid of. I had just found out I was expecting and was waiting to paint the buffet until after the first trimester, and until after we found out what we were having. Once we found out it was a boy I knew I wanted something a little darker to add some contrast to the room. So Benjamin Moore's "Gray" was the perfect dark gray I was looking for. Once I get the buffet moved up to the nursery I'll be sure to post the before and after! You would never know it's the same piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment