Thursday, November 17, 2011

custom onesies

A few months back I was thinking about some baby gifts to give to a few friends. I remembered seeing these adorable applique t-shirts from Jones Design Company and thought I could make my own version for these new little babes.



Following Emily's instructions I headed out to get plain onesies, some fun fabric and fusible web.  Then you just need to select an image, shape or letter that you'd like to go onto the onesie.

Once you get the image the size you want, print it out and cut a piece a fabric close to the same size. Then simply iron the back of the fabric onto the fusible web. So easy.


Cut out the letter or image while the fabric is cooling and trace the outline of the image right onto the back of the fusible web. Now, if you're doing a letter you'll need to do it in the reverse so it irons on correctly.



Now, just cut out the shape! Lastly, iron it right onto the onesie! Seriously so easy! And who doesn't love a custom gift like this??



I spotted this tutorial for a tie applique on pinterest and used the same technique for this adorable one too. Try this one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment