Friday, April 17, 2009

roman shades update

This past weekend my lovely sister Sarah and I worked our butts off sewing a roman shade for my kitchen. If you remember from my previous post I ordered a kit from Shadescapes to help make the process easier. I purchased about 4 yards of Damask fabric from Joann and we were off!
The hardest part of the process was trying to get the fabric the appropriate size. Due to the large size (70 inches) of my window I had to purchase fabric that was 52 inches and attach additional pieces on each side. Now considering that the fabric I wanted was a complicated pattern this was without a doubt the most time consuming part of the project. Here is a picture of Sarah lining up the patterns so we can finally get started!



This is what it looked like once the lining was attached...



And here is the finished product... I am thrilled with the way it turned out! It was a lot of time and effort but in the end it did cost hundreds less than having something custom made. It would definitely be easier if you're looking to do this for a smaller window where you don't have to worry about the fabric not being wide enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment