Monday, April 6, 2009

keep calm

A few months ago I stumbled across this "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster on shabbychic.com. In the following weeks it seemed to be everywhere I looked... it even appeared on an episode of Lipstick Jungle! Since I did not want to pay the $200 plus dollars to purchase it from Shabby Chic I decided to do it myself.



I ordered a poster from keepcalmandcarryon.com direct from England. What I did not realize is that the size would be European and I could not find a frame the same size. So I purchased a silver frame that was close to the size and planned to paint the frame and cut down the poster. With a little help from my dad, who has a printing company, the poster was cut down to fit in the frame and I used white spray paint to give the frame a vintage feel. Here is the end product, I'm so happy with the way it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment