Monday, November 1, 2010

chandy makeover

I found this chandelier at our neighborhood yard sale a few weeks back for $1! For that price I just knew I had to have it!


I wanted to give it a rustic look, like this one from Pottery Barn.


I began by taking off the light bulbs and the plastic "candle" covers. Then it got a few light coats of flat black paint. Now all it needs are the shades!



I picked up five of these linen chandelier shades a my local Christmas Tree Shop for $1 each.


Then I ordered some jute braided trim online.  I used my hot glue gun to glue the trim to the base of each shade....Not too bad!


Here she is! Such an easy/fun project.


 

4 comments:

  1. great job! I love finding these as well - I've refinished one for my kitchen and I have two waiting in the garage for their paint session. Glad I found your blog today! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous...great job!

    Come and see my latest find, would love your comments, I will also have a new giveaway soon!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chaney makeovers! Yours is great. I want to try this one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same exact fixture. just painted it with cream paint and did the chain with a leopard cord cover.

    ReplyDelete