Thursday, January 20, 2011

all you need is love

So I wanted to make a pillow for Valentine's day.. but I'm not really into the color red or anything that looks like your typical Valentine's decor options. So I decided to take this Philadelphia landmark and use it for a pillow!



I started out by making a basic pillow cover out of some linen I had around..


Then I blew up a the image and used it as a stencil to trace out the image onto my pillowcase.

Here's the image if you want to use it for yourself..




I then painted the image with some black fabric paint, inserted the pillow and sewed it up! Here it is! Perfect for Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

  1. love it! i was at a pumpkin carve in october, and someone carved this image into their pumpkin. i guess the image isn't specific to philadelphia, but the image reminds me of the sculpture, and the sculpture means philly, you know? awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I don't see why you couldn't leave it out all year! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete