I've been searching for an affordable topiary over the past few months and haven't found one that was what I was looking for. So I decided to make one myself! I didn't think it would be too hard, but it was much easier than I expected. The whole thing took less than an hour, while watching tv!
A few weeks back I found this urn at Lowes, with this project in mind it was perfect! And it was on clearance for $7. When I was checking out I noticed this thin crack in the back of it, so I asked the cashier if they would discount it even more... they gave it to me for less than $3!
Next, I picked up some reindeer moss, spanish moss and a topiary form I found at AC Moore. I didn't even know they made these! I was just looking for a foam ball in the floral department!
I used my hot glue gun to glue the reindeer moss around the foam ball.
Then glued the base of the topiary form into the urn with a little more hot glue and topped it off with some extra moss. I mixed both types of moss for this part.
Here's the final result! I couldnt' be happier with it!