A friend of mine recently bought a new home and was looking for something to use as an entertainment center. After searching Craigslist we found this old armoire that had been used as a china cabinet. It was in bad shape. It has to be really bad for me to say that. It was an awful chippy pink and the inside was fully upholstered in a dated floral fabric. But, it had potential.
The hardest part of this project was by far taking down all the fabric and batting that had been living inside for years. I couldn't believe how many staples there were! I expect that from a chair or settee, but certainly not an armoire!
After getting down to the wood I took it apart and painted all the old hardware in an updated brushed nickel. After lots of primer the outside was painted in Glidden's Antique White. And then of course a little distressing...
I painted the inside in Glidden's Barely Jade. It's a great mix of a light blue/green with gray undertones. I'll absolutely be using it again.
Can't wait to see what it looks like in Monica's new house!