Saturday, July 25, 2009

my favorite room...

When we first moved into our home we had this small room in our "basement" (it's not really underground) that was completely empty aside from an utility sink and a gorgeous window seat. After much debate about what to do with the space we decided it would be the perfect work area for me, a craft room!


This would be my first major project in our home, and way before the blog ever came to live so I don't have any before pictures of the room. It wasn't even shown in the real estate listing! When I first started thinking about what I wanted to do with the space I knew it would be very shabby chic. After all, it is the only room in the house that could be completely girlie. I knew I needed a table and comfy chair and some storage space so I started looking at pictures online for some inspiration. Here are some that I found...



The next stop was over to Lowe's to pick up some cabinets and and a counter. They were super easy to put together and my dad and Mr O' hung them for me. I then used a wooden dowel in the middle of the top cabinets to hang my ribbon. Here's the final result. I did make some cute pillows for the finishing touch!










Now, after everything is complete I could spend all day down there. I even found the perfect place for Mr O's college mini-fridge! And there is a half bath right next to it!

1 comment:

  1. I want a craft room too! I think I'm close to setting one up, but I wish we had a basement (not many of those in CA)

    ReplyDelete