Friday, March 12, 2010

friday finds: New Orleans

 A reader asked me to find some good deals in her area so this week we're checking out what New Orleans has to offer.

First up is this adorable cabinet! It has so many uses! I love the idea of using it an entertainment center. I'd paint it a light gray or white and replace the knobs with glass ones. I'd also remove the glass part of the doors and replace them with chicken wire for a farmhouse look! And the best part? It's only $25!!


At first glance this secretary desk is in bad shape. But it has a classic style and just needs to be refinished. With today's great primers you wouldn't even need to strip the paint off before repainting! A little primer and new paint and it would have a whole new life. I'd see if they would sell it for less than the $45 it's listed for.



I just love this end table! It would be perfect in my own guest room! I'd paint it white and put a colored glass knob on it. A light jade or pink would really look great.  It's a little more than I'd like to pay at $75 but it really is a great find!


This full size headboard might just be my favorite find of the week. It looks very bland in the light wood finish it currently has but a little light gray paint would be stunning.


This small writing desk is cute as it is, but I'd have to change out the bright red paint. An easy makeover for this one! I love that they kept the original hardware on it. It's a great deal for only $100 and you could do so much with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment