Thursday, March 4, 2010

huge project ahead...

Let me start by saying I love my house. If I could only change one thing it would be the stairs. Right before we moved in the previous owners installed fresh new carpets on them.(and the bedrooms) The rest of our house however is hardwood. Let me also say we have a dog and a cat, both with black hair. All day they run up and down said steps leaving a trail of little black hairs behind. Did I mention half the stairs are white berber? I would vacuum them daily if I had the time. So in the year and a half we've lived in our humble abode I've dreamt about ripping up the carpet and installing hardwood.

Last week I saw this post from Thrifty Decor Chic... she ripped up her carpet and stained the wood that was underneath!


So, I got the idea in my head that I can do this too. Today I saw this post over at A Little Bit of Sanity. Her stairs started out looking just like mine, even with a landing! Okay, I can do this too.


Here's what we're starting with... I'm going to start with the lower sets of steps before going for the larger upstairs portion with the landing. You see these when you walk into my house... Coach needed to get in the picture too.


These are to the right when you walk in...


It's going to be our biggest project yet, wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh!! Have fun!! They will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's going to look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I did mine last November, and it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

    http://decoratingobsessed.blogspot.com/2009/11/stairs-done.html

    ReplyDelete