Thursday, July 22, 2010

another topiary

You may remember this easy diy topiary project from a few months back. My aunt gave me this little floral arrangement recently and I knew it would be perfect for another topiary! I wanted to try a different shape for this one so I chose a cone foam form.


I started by taking all the flowers out of the base. I then spray painted it with a textured spray paint to give it more of a stone feel.


Here it is after the spray paint...




I then used hot glue to attach some moss to the cone. I also used a basic wooden dowel as the "trunk." I cut it to the size I was looking for and then glued it into the foam base. I covered the foam with some extra moss and then glued the cone to the dowel. Super easy project!


Before the base was covered... and yes, I was watching the Bachelorette while working on this one...


Here's the final project. So cute!



8 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I made a topiary a couple of months ago and it was a nightmare, I couldn't get the moss to stick to the foam ball...it seemed to want to stick to my fingers instead. I finally did get it done but doubt I'll try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your topiary! I am watching The Bachelorette Tells All right now as I write this. I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so pretty. Thanks for sharing the "how to". laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete